Date: September 11, 2021
Location: Lions Club Open Air Hockey Arena, 240 East Ave, West Salem, WI 54669
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/141434551395997/
Site is handicap-accessible and VERY DRY.
NOTE: We will follow all current Kingdom, State, CDC, and local COVID guidelines.
As guidelines and restrictions are updated, we will update the event information on this webpage.
- PREREGISTRATION IS REQUESTED AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use our ONLINE FORM to preregister.
- Prepayment is not necessary, but there are two options.
- PayPal (preferred): invoice included in response from submitting the online form
- If you want to mail a check ahead of time, please send it to:
- Jessica Chadwick
3150 34th Street S, Apt 205
La Crosse, WI 54601
- Jessica Chadwick
- Deadline for Preregistration: August 28 if paying by check, September 4 if paying online or at the gate
- Adult Registration: $15
- Member Discounted Rate: $10 (blue card required)
- Children ages 5-17: $5
- Children under 5: Free
- Site opens at 8:00am for royalty, 9:00am for populace, and will close by 10:00pm
- Lunch: Bring your own food. Serving meals is not allowed at SCA events yet. HRH has a severe allergy to strawberries, so please do not bring any strawberries.
- Picnic tables are available, but you may prefer to bring your own chairs.
- AmericInn by Wyndham
125 Buol Rd, West Salem, WI 54669
Phone number: 608-351-2883
- Microtel Inn by Wyndham
3240 N Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650
Phone number: 608-783-0833
Neshonoc Lakeside Camping Resort (RV, tent, & cabin)
N5334 Neshonoc Rd, West Salem, WI 54669
Phone number: 608-786-1792
- Merchants are welcome, no merchant fee.
- Space will be available outside, and in open areas by the populace, so please bring your own shade fly.
- Autocrat: Jessica Chadwick – Lady Judith Krahe vom Schwarzwald firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autocrat: Kirsta Skaff – Lady Bronislàva of the Shattered Seax
- Gate Keeper: Alan Hockersmith – Marcel Le Rous
- Royalty Liaison: Mark Roth – Baron Ahlwin von Hildebrand
- Marshal in Charge – Sir Kaydian Bladebreaker
- Rapier Marshal in Charge – Vitruvian Muiredach mac Seamus
- Schedule – forthcoming
- Parking – Estimated enough parking for approximately 50 cars with additional parking at the Middle School next door.
- Fighting – There is space for fighting in the open air. Rain option is available on site if needed.
- Classes – Plenty of room for classes and for populace to gather.
- Personal Pavilions – Populace is welcome to set up personal pavilions.
Arts & Sciences Queen’s Largesse Competition
- Each participant will create 10 of the same/similar items to be donated to the Kingdom Largesse. Only one set of 10 per entrant.
- All (10) items per contestant entered must be displayed in the competition (if possible — this is preferred by Her Highness).
- The winner of The Populace Vote will get a cool thing (as yet a MYSTERY! Oooooh!)
- Her Highness will also be choosing her second A & S Champion for the Queen’s Guard from the participants (MAY be the Populace Vote Winner, MAYbe not!)
- As this is a bone dry site, you should not enter adult beverages, and food is also not accepted.
- Documentation is optional but if you choose to include it, be sure to take that into consideration when reserving your spot. The space on the provided tables is first come, first served, so keep that in mind when choosing a size for your project. In the event that all provided table space is reserved, you will have the option of bringing your own table, but we won’t start accepting extra tables until after the 12 tables have been filled, keeping available (floor) real estate in mind.
- The tables are approximately 3’x6′ and they will be divided into halves and quarters.
- Please keep in mind the portability of largesse. It is for this reason, and to offer space for more creators to participate, that we have chosen not to offer a whole table to any one contributor.
- To register for the competition, please send an email to: Lady Jelena Pagani email@example.com with
- Your SCA name
- Your desired display size (1/4, 1/2, 3/4)
- You don’t have to say what you’re making
- You do not have to be present to win