January 2005

Note: Meeting location was moved from the Cartwright Building on the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse campus to one of the meeting rooms of the La Crosse Public Library (main branch at Eighth and Main Streets in La Crosse) due to the unanticipated closing of the Cartwright Building.

Present: Signora Vettoria, Lord Valgarth, Lady Kudrun, Lord Giles, Lady Bronislava, Lady Brilliana, Lady Ariella. The meeting was called to order by “Stunt Herald” Lady Brilliana Barrington.

Officer’s Reports

Seneschal

Due to the fact that the Shire’s most recent Herald’s report was not received on time, our Regional Herald has suspended the Shire Herald from her office. It was noted that we do not need to have the office of Herald filled to retain our status as a full Shire. Lady Brilliana Barrington expressed an interest in fulfilling the duties of the office, should the Shire feel the need to change the status quo.

Knight Marshal

  • Acted as Ambassador to the Kingdom of Atenveldt (Note: Link will open in a new browser window). Unfortunately, the scroll to be presented to Their Majesties of Atenveldt did not arrive in time.
  • Attended fighting practices in Atenveldt. Much whining about bruises ensued ;-)
  • Some aside into the differences in fighting styles and conditions between Atenveldt and Northshield.
  • Proposed the idea of adding a horsehoes competition to Autumn Rose for this year. Researched the idea and learned that the game of horseshoes dates at least back to the second century C.E., so it’s definitely period. Can use the “mud bog” area of the Trempeleau Fairgrounds if necessary, although this was reconsidered later on the idea of opening the competition to the general public during the “demo” portion of the event on Saturday afternoon.
  • Some discussion of the group heavy weapons fighters attending fighting practice of Coille Stormeil or Jaravellir.

Webminister

January report was filed on time.

Exchequer

  • We have $2234.94 in available funds as of the end of 2004.
  • Annual Domesday report is partially done; will be completed by January 31st deadline.

Autumn Rose XI

  • Will will have a horseshoe competition this year.
  • Autocrat has not heard from feastocrats and will be shortly contacting them via the Yahoo! listserve.
  • Site tokens have not been started yet, unlike last year when they were underway by this time. Ideas proposed:
    • Kudrun proposed purchasing leather from Lady Cybele and stamping tokens.
    • Ariella suggested creating two stamps (one for admission-only and one for admission plus feast) and stamping hands (like at a concert) with either woad or henna and slapping a band-aid over the stamped area to give it time to set. Neither pigment should wash out for a few days, so it’s permanent enough for our purposes. Giles suggested that the visiting King should be required to remove shirt and be stamped somewhere on His torso, and then the discussion basically took on a life of its own and quickly de-volved back to primordial soup from there…

New Business

  • Valgarth proposed moving the monthly meeting to a later time on Sundays, or perhaps even to a weeknight. Some points raised during the discussion were: “La Crosse city bus schedule may limit options for some; people have other things going on during the week; Saturday conflicts with too many events. In any case, there were not enough Shire members present to make a formal decision, so the issue was tabled for the present.
  • A Shire Directory is in progress.
  • For the lunch at TMT (That Moot Thingy), the Shire of Rokeclif will purchase styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons for serving. Giles and Bronislava volunteered to bring baguette-type bread to serve with the soups being brought by Kudrun.
  • Reminder that the February meeting is on a Saturday (the 19th) at the Ettrick Public Library and the time has been changed to allow for a shoe-making moot (a.k.a. the “shoe-in”). Cybele will bring leather to sell to anyone who has the need for it.
  • March and April meetings will take place at the usual date and time. We will meet at the Cartwright Builiding, Fourth Floor Lounge, unless the building is closed. The backup location is one of the meeting rooms at the La Crosse Public Library (Eighth Street and Main location).

Credits: Based on notes taken by Valgarth

___________________________________________

February 2005

Present: Lady Sarra, Lord Torquil, Willow, “Baby Q”, Lady Kudrun, Lord Valgarth, Lady Ariella, Lady Vettoria, Don Jacques, Lady Aine, Lord Toki, Missy

Meeting called to order shortly after 1:00 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

List passed around.

Exchequer

  • Will need to send Autumn Rose non-member surcharge funds (earned through the raffle) off to corporate very soon.
  • Donation to the Northshield Endowment Fund was voice-approved to be a round $100.
  • Donations for lunch (like those earned at Coille Stormeil’s TMT event last weekend) are doing well enough for us that we will go with that to fund the non-member surcharge for the Novice’s Day event.
  • Domesday misfire was taken care of right away.

Marshall of Fence

  • Five ‘Cliffies will be travelling to Gulf Wars.
  • Fighter Practice has been taking place at the Rod and Gun club most weeks. Cost is $3.00 per person.
  • Doctour Jacques became a Don and was awarded his scarf at Twelfth Night. (Huzzah!!)

Seneschal

  • Held planning session last week to hammer out schedule/events for Novice’s Day, which is on the Northshield Calendar for May 7th in Taylor, WI.
  • Served lunch at That Moot Thingy event in Coille Stormeil. Donations requested in lieu of fixed fee. Gave check for $80 to Exchequer.
  • Lady Cybele’s husband, David the Thirsty, had a heart attack and will be hospitalized until Sunday. Passed around a “Get Well Soon” card for folks to sign.

Webminister

Domain name and Web hosting came up for renewal in the last month. It’s taken care of. Will take care of the bookkeeping as soon as a receipt is received.

New Business

  • We had a newcomer, Missy, attend the meeting. Her aunt has been in the SCA, as have some of her friends, so she has some familiarity. Her main challenge, she says, is narrowing her focus to concentrate on a few things rather than trying to do everything that looks interesting, which is a lot of things.
  • Shire members introduced themselves (including persona name, place/time, and what they do in the SCA) for Missy’s benefit.
  • This was also Jacques’ and Aine’s first meeting since moving to the Shire. They introduced themselves.
  • Made some changes to the draft of the Novice’s Day schedule and events. Missy was a great help with brainstorming from the perspective of a newcomer! Some thoughts:
    • Have “tour guides” who wear gold stars or some other identifying badge to help folks find where they need to be.
    • Staff a general information table.
    • Having breakout groups structured as “classes” that run for nearly three hours is unrealistic. It might be a wiser idea to staff tables with enough bench strength to handle multiple people with questions or to give short tag-team presentations.
    • Add a “Dictionary Wall” along with a “Silly Questions” wall. Shire members will “seed” the “Dumb Questions” wall with starter questions so that no one is weirded out by being the first person to add a question.
  • The next Populace meeting is scheduled for March 15th at UW-L, but that falls during spring break, and we may not be able to use Cartwright. Vettoria pointed out that the Library’s basement rooms are available, and offer the amenities that we can bring food and beverages in, which we can’t do in the first floor rooms. The drawback is that the library charges $10, and the room must be reserved. Kudrun will look into reserving the room. Donations will probably be requested from the attendees to cover the cost of the room.
  • The La Crosse Public Library’s summer reading program’s theme is “Dragons, dreams and daring deeds.”. Kudrun will give a short presentation about the SCA to the librarians on Thursday, starting at 11:00 a.m. Shire members are highly encouraged to attend in garb if possible.

Post-meeting

Members worked with shoe-making and Jaques worked with others on making gaiters to cover up non-period shoes.

_____________________________________________

March 2005

Present: Kitab, Katarina, Byle, Valgarth, Ariella, Busta, Arnorra, Kudrun, Vettoria, Bonnie, Torquil, Giles, Maewyn, Katrina

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List passed around.

Exchequer

  • Rokeclif currently has $1,948.45 in spendable cash, and including all other funds a total of $3,334.22.
  • There was also side discussion of purchasing a new mask for fencing and that the Rapier fund as $54.56 in it currently.

Knight Marshal

  • We are basically waiting for the the snow to melt before fighting practice starts up again in Cameron Park.

Marshall of Fence

  • Lord Torquil is stepping down as Group Marshal of Fence.
  • Lord Byle will be taking over as the Group Marshal of Fence.
  • The fencers are looking for a new practice site. One of the library’s meeting rooms is an option.

Seneschal’s Report / New Business

  • Autumn Rose: The Autocrat has not heard from those interested in Feastocratting, and is looking for a substitute Feastocrat.
  • Novices’ Day:
    • Three other groups have events scheduled for that day.
    • Lady Sarra will do a simple Feast.
    • Their Majesties have approved holding a Court for demonstration purposes; however, they will not be able to attend.
  • Kudrun has booked three Library demos as part of the summer reading program titled “Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds“:
    • Tuesday, May 24th at 3:30 pm in Westby, at the Westby Public Library. (Note:   We are mainly expected to provide “ambiance” by showing up in costume.)
    • Friday, June 17th at 5:30 pm in Trempeleau, at the Trempeleau Public Library. (Note:   The itinerary is still open at this point. Details to follow.)
    • Tuesday, July 26th at the Galesville Public Library. (Note:  We will be performing something akin to a medieval “morality play”, which Kudrun has scripted.)
  • The office of Group Herald is still vacant. Those at the meeting generally agreed that it was a Good Thing for us to have one. Lady Brilliana (who was not present) will be sounded about her willingness to fulfill that role.
  • Arnorra has volunteered to be the group Chatelaine, which will become effective once she receives her proof of membership in the form of a blue card.
  • Next meetings tentatively scheduled as follows. See the Local Calendarfor more detail.
    • April 17th – UW-LC Cartright Center
    • May 15th – Coon Valley
    • June 19th – Buffalo County Park
    • August 17th – Galesville Fairgrounds

Webminister

  • Novices’ Day pages are live and on the Kingdom Calendar.
  • Filed quarterly a little early.

Meeting adjourned at 4:45 p.m.

Credits: Based on notes taken by Lady Vettoria

_________________________________

April 2005

Present: Busta, Arnora, Kudrun, Vettoria, Sarra, Bronislava, Brilliana, Torquil, Maewyn, Ahlwin, Toki, Valgarth, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:00 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

List passed around.

Chatelaine

Acting Group Chatelaine Arnora has made posters for Novice’s Day and still needs to touch base with Danielle regarding loaner garb.

Chronicler

April White Birch went out. May Birch will be targeted to newcomers.

Exchequer

  • As of the end of March we had $1855.45 in our Spendable Cash fund and $$3214.22 in the bank.
  • Some expenses, including the P.O. box, Chronicler expenses and expenses related to Novices’ Day.

Herald

At the March meeting, the discussion of whether to revive the office was tabled. Brilliana sounded about willingness to meet the requirements of the office. Although the office is not strictly necessary, the assembled group concluded that a herald would be a good thing to have for the upcoming event. Brilliana accepted the office and was voted in.

Marshall of Fence

Byle started a job with the United States Postal Service, which currently has him working up to six days a week. Due to the additional time commitment, he and Torquil agreed to have Torquil take back the office.

Mud Masher

During his jaunt to the men’s room, Ahlwin was voted into the unofficial office of Group Mud Masher.

New Business

Novice’s Day

  • Site opens at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday for staff; 8:30 or 9:00 for guests.
  • Bronislava is the alpha-jester. ;-)
  • Remember that cash box needs seed money for making change. Also need to download a few SCA membership forms in case anyone wants to sign up. Will not hand out in packets, though.
  • Plan on cleaning site Friday along with setup. Site available for cleaning/setup at noon on Friday the 6th.
  • Call-out for roasters b/c Sarra will need them for Feast. We are planning to feed about 40 people. If attendance exceeds that number, Shire members are encouraged to eat off-board to make room for the newcomers.
  • Breakout session coordinator has asked for a one-page introductory brochure handout from those who are presenting. We will have printer and copy machine on site if more brochures are needed.
  • Shire members are encouraged to bring loaner garb and loaner feastgear.
  • Shire members are encouraged to bring their copies of the Knowne World Handbook.
  • The site will be available to anyone who wants to stay onsite Friday or Saturday night.
  • Folder-stuffing set for the Library main branch at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 23rd.
  • “Site token” is a folder equipped with generic introductory material, plus a pencil and blank paper for notetaking.
  • Feast will be donation-sponsored. Head table will be served; rest done buffet-style with a traffic-cop/bouncer. (Update, 4/26:  Lord Maewyn has graciously volunteered for duty.)
  • During the feast, someone (possibly Toki or Lilith or Mikey) will provide a primer on SCA toasting etiquitte.
  • The court will be a real Regency court, not a stunt court, so the awards will be real.
  • Trying to cover all the disciplines with the martial arts breakout session:  Heavy fighting, rapier, archery, and thrown weapons. Valgarth will moderate/emcee. Maewyn will cover thrown weapons, Valgarth, Toki or Giles will cover heavy weapon, and we will try to recruit someone for rapier.

Autumn Rose

  • Corporate hasn’t replied to Bronislava yet, so we’re right on schedule for that.
  • Site-token making party at Alhwins, date TBD. Will be doing pottery.
  • Arnora is Feastocrat; Busta is Head Cook.
  • Raffle is a go.
  • Knocked around ideas for rearranging site, but didn’t decide on anything definite.

Other New Business

  • The May meeting will be at Coon Valley Park. Weather permitting, we will grill out after the meeting. Bring your own beverage and something to throw on the grill. Bringing a dish to pass is encouraged.

Credits: Based on notes taken by Lady Vettoria and Lord Valgarth

_____________________________________

May 2005

Present: Busta, Arnora, Kudrun, Bronislava, Brilliana, Giles, Ahlwin, Constance, Valgarth, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:14 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List passed around.

Exchequer

  • Not present for the meeting, but Kudrun noted that we made $286 in donations at Autumn Rose. Sarra spent $249 for the feast, which was included in the donation.
  • Feast expenses had only been authorized at $200, but Sarra was not present to ask the group to approve the additional expenditure, so it will have to be tabled for later. At present, Rokeclif lost $16 on the event.

Herald

  • Paperwork (dead-tree and electronic) is in the works to make Brilliana an official Northshield herald.
  • Currently working on putting together current versions of the forms and handbooks for the herald’s box that she inherited.
  • Some debate about a budget for books on heraldry, but no official decisions were made.

Knight Marshall

  • Giles’ back is healed, so practices are resuming in Myrick Park, weather permitting.
  • Fighters from Silfren Mere may be coming up next weekend to practice with us.
  • Giles is strongly encouraging fighters and fighter gonna-be’s to go to War Camp.
  • Giles would like to spend part of the marshall’s budget on a marshall’s tabard, or perhaps the materials to make one. Brilliana wants one for her office, too.

Webminister

  • With Novices’ Day done, Ariella needs to meet with Bronislava regarding the Autumn Rose website.

Marshall of Fence

  • Not present, but it was noted that rapier practice had been held earlier in the day

New Business

Novice’s Day

  • We had 66 attendees, total, 39 of which were old hands; the rest were either in their first year, and in a few cases, it was their first event ever.

Upcoming Demos

  • Kudrun handed out a list of the dates, times and places of the upcoming demos that are part of the summer library reading program, Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds. See the Local Calendar for more details

Autumn Rose

  • Bronislava needs to get a check for $50 from Vettoria to pay for the equestrian insurance.
  • Site-token making party at Alhwin’s house on June 18th, at 2pm. Directions to follow.
  • An Archery School has been tentatively set for the Sunday of Autumn Rose. This could help with the funding, but brings up a couple other issues, namely where the archers will be located onsite. Kudrun will be in charge of making sure that the archer’s area is staked out (literally) so that people don’t park there or near enough for the catapults to hit cars. We also need more hay bales.
  • P.R. work is already underway. Toki has volunteered to do some of this, since he will have a schedule conflict that weekend and will not be able to attend.
  • Per Bronislava, despite Byle’s outstanding job on dumpster detail last year, he will NOT be doing that again, as she does not want to ask that of anyone two years running.
  • Feast Hall is the backup fighting site in case of rain, provided the fighters move the tables back into place after they are done using them.
  • Bronislava’s Mom will be decorating the Feast Hall again this year.
  • Sarra had proposed using the fighter’s area as a games area for things like bocce and kubb. Horseshoes may have to be in the mudpit because you need a non-sodded area around the horseshoe stake, and the County Fairboard won’t appreciate us trashing their grassed areas. The decision of whether to rearrange the site will probably be made after we’ve had a chance to walk through the fairgrounds site.
  • No word on whether we will have visiting Royalty.
  • Herald’s table may be in the A&S building, particularly if we can talk Aryanhwy merch Catmael into coming.
  • Sarra is in charge of A&S display. We will need someone to sell raffle tickets on Saturday.
  • Torquil will be running the rapier tournament.

Other New Business

  • The June meeting will be at Town of Buffalo Park on Highway 54.
  • The July meeting will be at the Trempeleau County Fairgrounds.

Meeting adjourned at 4:34 p.m.

____________________________________

June 2005

Present: Cybele, Brigid, Kudrun, Arnora, Bronislava, Giles, Maewyn, Brilliana, Valgarth, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:10 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List passed around. Lady Sarra is being sucked into the vortex of the Barony of Jaravellir, which has already nicked our former Chronicler and Webminister. A retaliatory raid on Jaravellir is proposed.
  • To stave off impending the impending collapse of Civilization As We Know It in Rokeclif, Lord Valgarth is nominated to replace Lady Sarra, and the assembled Shire approves his appointment as the incoming Minister of Arts and Sciences with one “nay” from the Designated Opposer (in default of Lord Torquil).

Chatelaine

  • “Garb Thingy” scheduled for Arnora’s house this coming Thursday.
  • Kudrun interjected a report from the Trempeleau demo this Friday previous.
  • Next demo on July 26th in Galesville – See the local calendar for details.

Exchequer

  • (Report by proxy):
Account

Total

Bank and Cash Accounts – Spendable Cash

$ 1781.45

Arts and Sciences

$ 50.00

Chiurgeon

$ 60.00

Copies and Postage

$ 20.00

Event Reserve

$ 715.02

Griffon

$ 45.00

Knight Marshall

$ 40.00

Minister of Youth

$ 30.00

Non-member Surcharge

$ 90.00

Rapier

$ 54.56

White Birch

$ 179.36



Total

$ 3065.39

Herald

  • Nothing new to report–saving a purely facetious note about Lord Bupkis’ arms passing.

Knight Marshall

  • No practice next Sunday (June 26th), but practices will resume thereafter.
  • Had a fun time at Castle Fever and Don’t Bluff Me.
  • Armor inadequacies and shoulder problems prevented a heavy weapons practice this week.

Webminister

  • [Scribbles away furiously on notes and asks a lot of persnickety questions about A.R.]
  • A very basic page for Autumn Rose will be live by Saturday; will email the URL to Kudrun ASAP for her brochures.

Marshall of Thrown Weapons

  • Lord Maewyn is a Throws Weapons Marshall-in-Training. He noted that as an “at-large” MIT, he cannot hold thrown weapons practices. However, as a Group thrown weapons MIT, he is allowed to do so. With the acclamation of the assembled Shire (minus one obligatory “nay” for the self-deputized Official Opposer of the Day) Lord Maewyn was voted the Group Marshall (in training) of Thrown Weapons for Rokeclif.

New Business

Upcoming Demo

  • Gremlins are holding the script for the Galesville demo hostage in Kudrun’s computer. Fortunately, the local Geeks Guild seems to be well on its way to rescuing said script, and practices will be held shortly. A list for cast volunteers was passed around, although parts like the Dragon and Princess have already been filled. The demo is part of the regional library systems’ summer reading program, titled Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds. See the Local Calendar for more details

Autumn Rose

  • The Regional equestrian and thrown weapons practice on Sunday will be largely be covered by Jaravellir, who will supply personnel to handle Troll for that day.
  • Lady Brigid of Silfren Mere would “tentatively love to” handle lunch on Sunday. Will get confirmation before next meeting.
  • Proceeds from the Sunday practice will cover the Barony’s costs; they currently plan to donate the rest to us.
  • The “token effort” at mud-mashing at Alhwin’s house on the previous evening resulted in enough clay site tokens for the event. They are currently drying and waiting to be fired in Alhwin’s kiln.
  • Ribbon color on tokens will determine which day(s) the guest is staying
  • Discussion of pre-registration discounts
  • After much discussion, settled on the following price-structure:
    • $8.00 / day for site fee; $10.00 for weekend; children 12 and under half-price
    • Camping fee of $1.00 per person; free for children 12 and under
    • Feast is $8.00 per person ($6.00 if pre-registered)
    • Merchant’s fee is a donation to the raffle to cover the non-member surcharge.
  • Lady Brilliana has verbally confirmed that T-Bones will again offer lunch.
  • The Autocrat has received verbal confirmations from merchants and is pinging possible performers.
  • Horseshoes will probably not happen, according to Lord Giles. Bocce and Kubb plans will be firmed up soon, or the Lady Autocrat will move heavy weapons fighting back to the originally intended location on the site.
  • Lord Lyulf MacDougal of Silfren Mere has voluteered to marshall heavy weapons fighting if Lord Giles is unable to do so.
  • Lord Torquil will ask Lord Janvier der Wasserman and Lady Alexandra der Wasserman to marshall rapier fighting if he is unable to do so.
  • Lord Gavin the Healer (formerly of Rokeclif, now of Silfren Mere) has volunteered to be Chiurgeon for Autumn Rose.
  • Lady Sarra will handle the Arts and Sciences display.
  • Alfwin has volunteer to run the raffle. She and Lady Sarra will be in the same building and can cover for each other during breaks.
  • Lady Brighid will run the children’s activities this year. She’s found some prizes–erasers of knights and dragons and such–for the contests.
  • Arnora, “the two-headed feast beast”, gave an overview of what she and Lord Busta plan to serve for Feast.
  • We need a Royalty Liason for the event. A couple of gentles will be sounded out about their willingness to do that.
  • Lady Kudrun plans to hand out Autumn Rose brochures at Schutzenfest this coming Saturday. Will need a basic web page by then; Ariella will send her the URL well in advance.
  • Lady Brighid will pick up a few inexpensive wasp-traps before the event, to be reimbursed by group funds.
  • Lord Mattias (sp?) is being sounded as to whether the Coille Stormeil Caffeine Addicts Guild will be willing to offer breakfast on Saturday morning.
  • Yes, we will have larger dumpsters this year.

Pie Snit II

  • Tentatively slated for April 1, 2006.
  • Lady Brighid suggested the event subtitle:  ”Custard’s Revenge” to general acclaim.
  • Lord Giles is autocratting.
  • A pie is the price of admission; may ask for donation to cover site rental cost; otherwise, the Shire will, um, eat the $50.
  • Thrown styrofoam pies as a martial arts activity was suggested and debated.

Other New Business

  • The July meeting will be at Myrick Park in La Crosse b/c we may not be able to get into the Trempeleau County Fairgrounds now that the city has blocked off access to local traffic and kids partying. (Note location change.)
  • Unlike previous years, we plan to do minimal leafletting at the Trempeleau County Fair, although Shire members are all encouraged to avail themselves of the traditional milkshakes; the Autocrat will be meeting with the Milkshake Ladies (among others) to finalize arrangements for Autumn Rose.
  • The August meeting will be at the Trempealeau County Fairgrounds.
  • The September meeting will likely be held at either Myrick Park or the Cartwright Center on the UW-La Crosse campus. Arnora will check into whether we can have a table during the student open house on campus.
  • The October meeting is tentatively slated for the Cartwright Center on the UW-La Crosse campus.

Meeting adjourned at 4:29 p.m.

______________________________________

July 2005

Present: Maewyn, Kudrun, Busta, Amy, Brilliana, Bronislava, Toki, Arnora, David, Ahlwin, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:10 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • The paperwork authorizing transfer of the office from Lady Sarra to Lord Valgarth will be signed next month.
  • The A & S list was passed around.

Chatelaine

  • “Garb Thingy” scheduled for Valgarth and Ariella’s house this coming Thursday (July 21).
  • Reminder that the play will be performed at the Galesville Public Library next Tuesday (July 26). See the local calendar for details.
  • Kudrun interjected that another demo is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11th at the Taylor Public Library. This is a show-up-and-bring-stuff kind of demo. Note: Pizza dinner will be provided to those who show up.

Chronicler

  • The Birch is back on track.
  • Subscription-holders are encouraged to check the mailing label on their most recent copy to verify that their subscription’s expiration date has been extended to reflect the missing issues. Please report any discrepancies to Lord Toki.

Exchequer

  • (Report by proxy):
Account

Total

Bank and Cash Accounts – Spendable Cash

$ 1781.45

Arts and Sciences

$ 50.00

Chiurgeon

$ 60.00

Copies and Postage

$ 20.00

Event Reserve

$ 715.02

Griffon

$ 45.00

Knight Marshall

$ 40.00

Minister of Youth

$ 30.00

Non-member Surcharge

$ 90.00

Rapier

$ 54.56

White Birch

$ 179.36



Total

$ 3065.39

  • Note that these totals will be affected by the receipts just handed in by Lord Toki and the check that is needed to reserve the kitchen for Autumn Rose. Lord Toki also turned in a check for $12.00 for a White Birch subscription.

Herald

  • Met with her boss, Baron Grimmond, at Warriors and Warlords. She may have more materials to add to her box from that meeting; certainly she has more ideas.

Knight Marshall

  • Did armor inspection at Castle Fever.
  • Arnora is still working on her armor.
  • Too hot (98 degrees) for fighting in the park today.

Marshall of Fence

  • Lord Torquil has to step down because of mundane considerations. The group is not required to have a Marshall of Fence to maintain its status.
  • Practices can still be held, if Don Jock McKee is present, as he is a warranted marshall by virtue of his title.

Marshall of Thrown Weapons

  • Lord Maewyn’s paperwork is not quite through the proper channels, but he’s close to being the official Group Marshall of Thrown Weapons, perhaps by the end of the month.
  • At least three Shire members threw things at targets at Warriors and Warlords.

Seneschal

  • It was announced at Warriors and Warlords that effective January 1 of next year, a $1 per-adult surcharge will be levied at all events with a set fee to fund the running of the Kingdom. (This is distinct from the donation-funded Royalty travel-fund.)
  • The Kingdom will have a new office, the Press Information Officer, who is available for drafting guidelines for crafting press releases, acting as liason for local media and so forth.
  • The SCA, Inc. has changed its rules to require two adults (who are not married or dating) to be present for all children’s activities. We will have to find someone to assist Lady Brighid with the Autumn Rose children’s activities.

Webminister

  • [Scribbles away furiously on notes.]
  • Quarterly report was in about a half a month early.
  • A.R. pages to be updated in the coming week as more info. is beaten…er…obtained from its respective sources.

New Business

Upcoming Demos

  • Next Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the Galesville Public Library. This isn’t the type of demo to which we’re accustomed. It’s part of the regional library systems’ summer reading program, titled Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds. See the Local Calendar for more details
  • Another demo is scheduled for Thursday, August 11 (also part of the summer reading program) at the Taylor County Public Library. Details to follow in the local calendar.

Autumn Rose

  • Mostly under control. Website will be updated in the next week, and we will have flyers to hand out this coming weekend at the Tremepeleau County Fair.
  • This will be two events in one because of the regional Equestrian and Thrown Weapons practice. Lord Maewyn noted that the thrown weapons practice will include some “really cool” stuff like atalatls and staff slings.
  • The Shire’s unofficial Mud-Masher, Alhwin, reports that the clay site/feast tokens have been fired. He hasn’t looked at them yet to verify that they survived the process.

Meeting adjourned at 3:49 p.m., followed by rehersal for the Galesville play.

_______________________________________

August 2005

Webminister’s Note: Many thanks to Lady Kudrun for compiling these minutes, as your faithful webminister’s wain was trapped in the Barony of Tree-Girt Sea at the time. Corrections and additions are respectfully solicited.

Present: William, Vettoria, Kudrun, Jonathan, Giles, Buster the dog, Bronislava, Brighid, Batista, Arnora, Aelfwyn, Kudrun, and various guests from the Barony of Jaravellir

Meeting called to order sometime around 3:00 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • The A & S list was passed around.
  • The Change of Officer form was signed by the requisite officers, so that Sarra can officially hand the reins over to Valgarth.

Chatelaine

  • Aelfwyn gave the loaner garb to Arnora, as well as other Shire loaner gear and items from her owh collection besides. (Thank you, Aelfwyn!)
  • The garb closet is a bit scant. Perhaps some Thursday sewing nights can be devoted to making or mending loaner garb?

Chronicler

  • Kudrun reported that Toki wishes to step down as editor of The White Birch.
  • There was some discussion about the future of the newsletter, as many Shire members (at least all present) keep in touch through the Yahoo group.
  • The possibility of having a printed White Birch come out quarterly instead of monthly (with reminder letters available to those not connected electronically) was raised. Whereupon Arnora said, “How hard is that?” and was evicted from the room so the tradition of electing people to office when not present could be maintained. Arnora was elected. A further vote was required to decide if she was the “Chaticler” (30%) or the “Chroniclain” (80%).

Exchequer

    • The Exchequer will need to make new signature cards, due to her recent name change. Giles and Arnora will become new signatories, Vettoria and Kudrun will remain, as will the Regional and Kingdom Exchequers.
    • Spendable balance was $1881.45.
    • Checks were issued to Ahlwin for clay for the site tokens and to Kudrun for the raffle license.

 

Knight Marshall

  • Practice will resume in Myrick Park now that the heat has abated.
  • The Knight Marshall retired from the practice field undefeated prior to the start of the meeting.

New Business

Pie Snit II:  ”Custard’s Revenge”

  • Giles is submitting April 1 to the Northshield Calendar as the date for the second Pie Snit, to be held in Taylor. He will contact Shattered Oak for permission to use their land.
  • Thoughts on pie-related tournaments (including Trivium Pursuit) will be welcome after the dust of Autumn Rose has settled.

Autumn Rose

  • Festivities may begin as early as Wednesday, with the power washing of the merchant hall (small-animal building). Otherwise cleanup will begin Thursday at 7 – with sweeping and moving benches. Everybody will be needed! That’s Thursday at 7PM.
  • Friday – arrive as early as possible. Bronislava is planning on 9ish. Continued cleaning and setting up, banners, setting up royal room, prepping kitchen – you know the drill.
  • Porter opens at 5 on Friday. Kudrun will make soup for a welcoming meal.
  • Saturday breakfast – William will pick up some bagels. Toasters have been requested for Monday breakfast – so we might as well have them on Saturday as well.
  • Saturday lunch will be by T-Bones.
  • Feast is at 6 – Arnora and Batista have it under control.
  • Court follows feast, under the rafters.
  • Sunday – Morgan will do breakfast (we hope). There’s no reason not to have sword practice on Sunday after things are packed up a bit. We’re hoping HRH Raito will come back for a little practice.
  • Sunday noon – lunch will be for those staying for the NSASMA event. (Those who are not staying will be fed only if there’s enough.)
  • Sunday supper by Kudrun.
  • Monday breakfast will be bagels by Sol.
  • Her Excellency has requested a sunshade so she can watch rapier. Rather than begging and borrowing, we authorized Ahlwin to purchase the easy-up 12×12 sunshades he sells at Menards. Kudrun will provide one or two as well. We won’t turn any sunshades down.
  • Danielle will provide sand buckets for smokers. Reminder: No lit anything (candles, smokes, fireworks, Cherries Jubilee, whatever) inside the buildings.
  • Things to bring if you have them:
    • water containers
    • coolers
    • toasters
    • sunshades
    • sleeping bag/mattress for yourself (if you’re sleeping onsite)
    • contributions for raffle
    • A&S projects for display
    • your own medications, especially if you’re allergic to stinging insects.

The staff for the Northshield Academy of Swordless Martial Arts (NASMA) arrived around noon, they were given a tour of the grounds before the meeting started. They were also able to shoot a few arrows (Jack lost two in the lush grass) before heading back to Jara. Giles, William, and Kudrun also shot a few rounds.

Since Lucas arrived before the meeting, we all were able to tour the grounds, and note improvements (a fan in the Rokeclif building, an enclosed prep area for feast, a new door on the Co-op building) and concerns (wasp nests in the Rokeclif building, M&Ms in the refrigerator).

Meeting adjourned at ???

______________________________

September 2005

Present: Maewyn, Katherine, Giles, Batista, Bronislava, Amata, William, Brilliana, Arnora, Valgarth, Kudrun, Ariella, Vettoria, Shane

Meeting called to order at 3:02 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List was passed around.
  • We need more displays of Shire handiwork for the Autumn Rose A&S display.

Chatelaine

  • Everyone “made a lot of new friends” at Autumn Rose,” quoth Arnora.
  • Garb day can morph into a Newcomer’s Day or even A&S day if need be. Activity suggestions included working on the Shire’s loaner garb and watching cheesy medievally-themed movies afterward.
  • Autumn Rose signs need fixing; some of the stakes were mangled because the ground was too hard to pound them in.
  • Library research day next Sunday (September 25th) at the La Crosse Public Library Main Branch from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.

Chronicler

  • Paperwork was signed to turn office over to Arnora in light of Toki stepping down.
  • Kudrun put out an interrim newsletter for September.

 

Knight Marshall

  • “Giles the Wounded” and “Valgarth the Sunburned” visited Wilton on Saturday and had fighting practice with Coille Stormeil’s Lord Hawthorne. Currently planning to do the same this coming Saturday (Sept. 24th).
  • A regional fighting practice will be held in Wilton on October 29th. His Majesty, Kitadate-tenno, currently plans to attend. (Note that this link opens a new browser window.)

Seneschal

  • Has announcement for the Rapier Academy event to be held on October 1st.
  • Filled out paperwork for officer changes.
  • Per Corporate, we are now required to check the tax paperwork for merchants who sell at events that we host. This mainly means that we check for tax I.D. numbers and record that we did so.

Thrown Weapons Marshall

  • Practice can be held at Maewyn’s house, and is scheduled for after 5:00 pm this coming Sunday (Sept. 25th). Potluck to follow.
  • Note that Maewyn’s yard is only large enough for throwing knives, axes, etc. Arrows, atlatls, and especially siege weapons are out of the question.

Webminister

  • Quarterly report submitted early, as the bulk of the quarter’s work (i.e. Autumn Rose webpages) are done.

New Business

Autumn Rose Post Mortem

  • Bronislava does not want to Autocrat for the fourth consecutive time next year, although she is willing to mentor a brand-new Autocrat in the background. The incoming Autocrat will need reliable internet and telephone access. Arnora will sound out Alhwin, who has expressed an interest. (Note: We don’t have to decide this now.)
  • Washing the floor of the merchant’s building on Wed. night was a good idea.
  • Site tokens should be ready by the time that site opens; they should not be fabricated at Troll on-the-fly. (Next year we shouldn’t have to deal with two colors for the two different events,w which should help.)
  • If we ever again host two events in one weekend, why can’t they both run at the same time? Generally agreed that “regional” events like ARRG and NASMA should move around the Kingdom.
  • Question:  Does the Fair Board absolutely require that we must host a demo for the public as part of the event? Kudrun will check with her contact. Some question raised of how well the local folks would react to being shut out. Kudrun pointed out that we don’t have to advertise via leaflets or fliers, which should cut down on the non-SCA traffic.
  • Valgarth noted that the non-SCA guests (and even some of the SCA ones) were surprised, and not in a good way, that there was no schedule posted. He thinks that this caused visitors from the public to meander through the grounds and then leave because there was nothing scheduled to keep them there. Arnora suggested posting schedules inside the bathroom stalls in addition to the more traditional locations.
  • Things that need to be taken care of before, during and after the event are more likely to be done if there are schedules that Shire members can check and also sign off on. No one should be assigned the same job for the whole weekend (unless they want it of course).
  • We need larger dumpsters next year; six cubic yards was not enough. Also, having water available in refillable containers, as opposed to disposable bottles, would save a lot of dumpster-space.
  • Discussion of how to encourage more of the people who consider themselves members of the Shire to pitch in at Autumn Rose. Half-price site fee idea didn’t generate a lot of enthusiam because there’s no good way of enforcing that.
  • Out site fee totals and the cash box were only off by $4.00, which is excellent.
  • The stone soup went over very well, but Kudrun forgot to put out the donations box for it, so what didn’t come out of her garden will be coming from general funds.
  • Security patrol didn’t happen this year. Complaints about loud campers on Friday night. Amata and William volunteered to patrol next year, but want guidance, as they haven’t even seen it done, much less done it themselves.
  • Discussion of dividing camping area into “family-friendly” (i.e. quiet) and other (normal volume appropriate for city limits) sections. Enforcing that would be helped greatly by mapping the site and cordoning off those areas before guests arrive.
  • Feast report from Arnora:
    • Happy to report that she had a lot of help:  ”I had six little minions in the kitchen at any given time.”
    • All feast-related equipment and supplies have since been inventoried. We are in desperate need of several kinds of serving dishes. Sarra normally brought her own, but this was never communicated to Arnora prior to the day of the Feast.
    • Wants authorization for buying enough serving gear (bowls, trays, serving utensils, etc.)
    • Would also like more feast preparation equipment as well, including knives and cutting boards. (Numerous suggestions offered by the Shire.)
    • Lesson learned from this year:  Do not overload the roasters, as we broke the handle on one.
    • Is there some reason why food can’t be prepared in the kitchen, loaded into the roasters, and then cook in the serving room at the Feast Hall? Last year, the wiring wasn’t up to the strain, but the Feast Hall (as well as the Lion’s building) has been rewired, so this is an option for next year.
  • Shane offered to donate two sets of radios (walkie-talkies) to the Shire so that we don’t have to prevail upon David the Thirsty (when inevitably one of the units is lost for a week or two). Let’s use them, too!
  • Can we offer some stipend or waive/discount site fee to encourage more performers? If so, doing it by invitation only may be more manageable. Kudrun noted that we can’t legally pay performers out of group funds. In kind idea bandied about, but nothing decided.
  • William and Amata thanked the group for volunteering them to sit at head table for Feast as part of Her Highness’s (now Majesty’s) request to have newcomers to the SCA at head table at the events she attends.

Meeting adjourned at 5:03 p.m.

_________________________________________

October 2005

Meeting called to order at 3:04 p.m.

Officer Reports

Chatelaine

  • Report is due 11/1. Birch will be out before next meeting. A laptop was added to the chronicler’s wishlist. (Since the chirurgeon has moved out-of-shire, we will no longer need to invest in a med-evac helicopter for him.)

Herald

  • The Herald is taking notes, so don’t bug her.
  • Her report was in on time.
  • She needs a hard copy of submissions to her higher-ups.

Exchequer

  • Report was given in absentia.
  • We’re solvent.

Knight Marshall

  • Reported that it’s cold out now.
  • Hawthorne is holding regional practice October 29 and everybody will be there. Halloween bonfire on The Ridge (Ahlwin’s) afterwards.

Group Marshall of Fence

  • Ahlwin is an MiT now.
  • He was sent out of the room so he could be duly Shanghaied into being group MiT. We elected him Rapier Marshal, Seneschal, Janitor, Car lifter, and confirmed him in the office of Mud Masher. The Shy-Demure-Flower-in-Training was the nay-sayer.

Thrown Weapons

  • Jack is encouraging Royal Round.
  • Maewyn offered to host a Thrown Weapons gathering at his place, with potluck.

New Business

Autumn Rose XII

  • A.R. needs an autocrat. Ahlwin and Bronislava will co-autocrat in the hope that Bronislava will get to take a year off.
  • Arnora will do the feast with Katerina’s assistance.

Pie Snit II

  • Her Highness asked for a place to hold a Tournament of Champions on or near March 25, and we already had a suitable place reserved for April 1, we thought it might be a Good Thing to postpone the Pie Snit slightly and ask if TSH would like to use Taylor for Their Tourney.
  • Giles will still be Autocrat, but we’ll need to think of Feast, since we won’t have pies coming in. Kudrun will ask HSH if Taylor would meet their needs.

Upcoming Meetings

  • November 20 – Valgarth and Ariella’s house – potluck
  • December 18 – Katerina and Kitab’s house – potluck
  • January 16 (we’ll see if we’re an official university group by then, otherwise the public library will do)
  • February 19 (TBD)

Miscellaneous

  • There was considerable discussion of becoming an official university group at UWL. We could use the facilities, and could hold a demo. on campus to attract more students. A regional practice might make a good attraction. Arnora will look into it.

Brilliana un-oyezed us at 4:19

________________________________________

November 2005

 

Present: Maewyn, Giles, Brighid, Brilliana, Valgarth, Kudrun, Vettoria, Shane, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:14 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List was passed around.

Exchequer

  • We currently have $4,259.93, although some bills for Autumn Rose have yet to be paid.

Group Marshall of Fence (by proxy)

  • Ahlwin is currently attempting to find an indoor practice site, either through the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse or the Community Center on the south side of La Crosse. Stay tuned for details.

Herald

  • “Same old, same old…nothing new has happened recently.”

Knight Marshall

  • “It’s cold,” quoth Giles the Weatherman.
  • Giles will be visiting his parents in Atenveldt from December 15 through the first part of February, which means that he will likely attend the Estrella War.
  • After Giles returns to our fair Shire, he would like to attend fighting practices for Silfren Mere and Jararvellir. Silfren Mere now has an indoor practice site near Wabasha, which makes it closer even than Rochester. Jararvellir’s practice is on Wednesday nights. Maewyn expressed interest in going if he has the opportunity to doze on the way home. Giles is willing to drive if someone else is willing to navigate so that he doesn’t get lost again in Madison.

Thrown Weapons Marshall

  • The weather did not cooperate with the previous three scheduled practices.

Webminister

  • Never received minutes from the October Populace meeting. They were taken, but never made it to the Webminister’s hands.

Correction: Lady Kudrun posted her notes from the meeting whilst your faithful Webminister was en route to Caid for business.

  • Need to work with Giles and others on the website for Tournament of Champions.

New Business

Tournament of Champions

  • We need to decide whether the Shire will commit to hosting the Tournament of Champions in lieu of Pie Snit II on Saturday, April 1st, 2005. Their Highnesses have been approached and seem quite receptive, but require an answer soon.
  • Arnora has volunteered for an encore performance as Feastocrat. Fortunately, the Taylor site’s kitchen has far more amenities than the one at Autumn Rose.
  • The question of whether the fighting will be outdoors or indoors will ultimately be decided by the weather. If the weather does not cooperate, we will need to stick tightly to the event schedule to have the right people using the right space at the right times.
  • The site cost to us is $50, so this is likely to be a money-maker, regardless of how many people show up or (more accurately) don’t.
  • We are not making the site available for indoor camping, which should help clear it out sooner than Pie Snit I or Buffalo Snit, etc.
  • (His Majesty) Kitedate-Denka may attend, but there is no Court currently planned.
  • The point was made that this is the first time that Northshield is choosing its Royal Champions via competition.
  • Kudrun is co-Autocrat.
  • As the Taylor site is technically in the Shire of Shattered Oak, we will hopefully have some help from their Populace.
  • There will be no Youth activities planned for this event.
  • The non-member surcharce will likely be a minimal issue at this event, as many of the Champion contestants will likely be members already.
  • There will be a set fee, rather than the “donation only” funding that we’ve done for events like the Snits and Newbie Madness. The Kingdom fund surcharge of $1 will apply.
  • Maewyn was hoping to try his hand at Feastocratting, as he has cooked for large groups professionally. He will talk to Arnora to see whether she would prefer having someone else take on the job so soon after being Feastocrat for Autumn Rose XI.
  • Feast is currently limited to 50 seats because the lack of camping/hotel space will likely mean that our guests will want to leave for home earlier. In consideration of that, would we want to serve a more substantial lunch, perhaps a groaning board?
  • Some discussion of the layout of the classrooms and other rooms.
  • The library will be the Arts and Sciences area.
  • The two largest concerns for the Autocrat are:  1.) The weather, and 2.) How many people attend the event. One limitation is the bathroom facilities; the other the dimensions of the gym.
  • Ariella strongly recommended that we ask Their Highnesses to require pre-registration for all contestants to at least give us a heads-up for roughly how many people to expect.
  • Valgarth raised the question of whether the Shire actually has enough workforce to run the event.
  • Shane noted that he had worked in event planning and that the two most crucial considerations were whether any event has enough space and sufficient staff to host an event, and that these are the things that the Shire needs to focus most closely on.
  • If we decide to serve Feast buffet-style to minimize the need for servers, we should clear that with Their Highnesses so that they know what to expect.
  • Maewyn and Shane noted that for a 50-person Feast, only a couple of extra staff members are needed, versus the number needed to make sure that a buffet line runs smoothly.
  • It was also noted that if fighting has to be held indoors, we need to budget time for change-out and we need to stick to the schedule pretty faithfully.
  • General discussion that people who make suggestions for how events are run should show up to help at events.
  • Those present voted to change Pie Snit II to Tournament of Champions with eight votes in favor, one against.

Meeting adjourned at approximately 4:40 p.m. for potluck dinner

______________________________________

December 2005

Present: Catarina, Kitab, Arnora, Ahlwin, Ailis, Rhuadhan, Brilliana, Valgarth, Kudrun, Vettoria, Shane, Ariella

Meeting called to order at 3:10 p.m.

Officer Reports

Arts and Sciences

  • List was passed around.
  • There is currently a budget of $50 in the A&S fund. On what kinds of things can it be spent? Previously the Shire has done candle-making, shoemaking. Materials for these sorts of activities are a possibility.

Chatelaine

  • Has had two meetings with the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse to try and set up the Shire with student group status. Not much progress so far:  The main purpose of the meetings seems to be setting up the next meeting.
  • Ailis and Lord Rhuadhan (a returning ‘Cliffie from the days of Chwe Churu) were present at their first Rokeclif meeting, so we had introductions.

Exchequer

  • We currently have $2900.14 in spendable cash and $4,259.93 in assets.
  • Officers Funds are in good shape; we shouldn’t need to do much transferring in the beginning of 2006 to top those up.
  • The receipts that have been received from the NASMA event have been paid, although the checks went into the mail only recently. The NASMA stewards requested a copy of the official financial report from the event, which they should have by now.
  • Gave an overview of the various funds allocated by the Shire and the amounts currrently in them.

Group Marshall of Fence

  • Is currently working on finding a winter practice site. Several options available, including Blessed Sacrement school and the South Side Community Center.
  • Would like to spend some funds on materials for a list. Topping up fund effective Jan. 1 was approved.

Herald

  • Domesday is in.
  • Kudrun is a THL as of Boar’s Head.
  • Would like a fund for heraldry books and possibly a larger box to hold those. $50 was approved for that purpose. Exchequer will make effective Jan 1.

Webminister

  • Quarterly is submitted. Need to send copy to Kudrun.
  • Need to mock up a “placeholder” page for Tournament of Champions ASAP to take the place of the one currently on Northshield’s web site. Would prefer to have as much info. as possible nailed down during Winter Break before Discrete Mathematics starts eating her brain.

New Business

Tournament of Champions

  • Some of the sites that Alhwin has been looking at for winter practice sites could possibly function as an alternative for the Taylor Public Library. The foremost of these would be Blessed Sacrement, which boasts showers and a kitchen. Price will be the determining factor, and we don’t yet have that information. Alwin will make inquiries.
  • Arnora will see Bronislava in a day or so, and will pass on word of today’s doings/decisions to Autocrat Giles.
  • Arnora has not yet talked to Maewyn, who at the last meeting expressed considerable interest in doing Feast, and has done catering in the past. Arnora has researched Renaissance recipes, and knows that she will need help, particularly coordinating servers.
  • We can probably expect some of HRH’s old cohorts from East Kingdom to attend, which accentuates the need for a crowd-friendly site.
  • Web signup forms will help us get a handle on how many extra sets of hands we can expect. However, it is the responsibility of the person coordinating a particular set of volunteers to determine how many people will be needed in each time slot and for how long. The Webminister does not pull this information out of thin air.
  • Arnora will use her go-ahead from the August populace meeting to purchase more Shire serving utensils and some decent knives. Shane proposed a trip to a restaurant supply store in Rochester whose prices are more wholesale than retail.
  • The various parties involved with planning, preparing, and serving Feast will meet at Shane and Vettoria’s Wednesday of this week to set out responsibilities and to generally plan Feast.
  • Rhuadhan volunteered to head up security for the Royalty Room.
  • Ahlwin suggested that we should hold a few moots to create decorations for the event, including banners and/or sashes for the event personnel.
  • By the time of the January 15th Populace meeting we need to know the following TRHs’ requirements for space, supplies, and food allergies/aversions.
  • The January meeting needs to decide the following questions:
    • What site will we use (Taylor, Blessed Sacrament, etc.)?
    • What is the site fee (dependent on site rental fee)?
    • What, in broad terms, is the day’s schedule?
    • Who is responsible for running the various aspects of Feast?
    • Who will marshal the heavy and rapier lists?
    • Who will run the lists?
    • Who is in charge of the Arts and Sciences competition?
    • Who will staff positions not mentioned above, including things like site setup/takedown, coordinating volunteers, waterbearing, etc.?
    • What are the options for site tokens and when will they be made and by whom?

Not Related to the Tournament of Champions

    • January meeting will be in the basement of the La Crosse Public Library – Main Branch

. Social hour at 2 p.m.; meeting at 3 p.m.

Meeting adjourned at approximately 4:37 p.m. for potluck dinner